Timespinner was scheduled and released on 25 September 2018 for PC,PS4 and Vita after five years of closed development.
Today's update brings a small bug fix and two new Passwords for two new Speedrun Modes!
- Fixed a bug where "Quick Exiting" out of the Use Item menu did not apply the health/aura restoration after using a healing item under the following conditions: a) did not cap your health, b) you had more items remaining, and c) you remained in the Yes/No prompt.
- Added 2 new Passwords to the game to allow improved Speed Running experiences.
The two Speedrun modes are:
- Speedrun Alpha (PW: SPEEDRUNALPH) Skip the tutorial, all chests are rare chests, and all enemies that have a 2nd equipable drop will always drop that item.
- Speedrun Beta (PW: SPEEDRUNBETA) Skip the tutorial, capped levels (Lunais, Familiars, and Orbs), cleared Use Item Inventory, full stock of (Warp Shards, Hi-Ethers, and 1 Lachiemi Star), and "Lost Items" have been removed. Keep in mind that this mode will not unlock new items and instead will use the save file's obtained items and equipped loadouts instead.
In order to activate a Speed Run, do the following:
- Load the save file that you wish to convert to a Speed Run file.
- Open the Password menu and enter the desired Password
- Save the game
- Return to the Save Select screen in the Main Menu
- Start a New Game+ with that save file (a special 'A' or 'B' indicator will be on the save file)
WARNING!!! Please note that activating any Speedrun mode will disable all future Feats/Achievements for that Save File!!
Timespinner Vita Patch 1.03A (Americas) and 1.02E (Europe) was released 15 October 2018. It featured:
- Greatly increases performance and reduces hitches from garbage collection.
- Adjusted the text in a historical letter.
Timespinner 1.02 was released on 2 October 2018 for Steam and contained the following changes:
- Fixed a crash caused by raising Orb Level too high. It is now capped at 999.
- Entering a NG+ game no longer clears the "Game Cleared" flag- allowing for infinite NG+ resets.
- Adjusted the Fire Passive to be capable of killing enemies (it would not reduce them past 1 HP before).
- Added an additional costume for Lunais.
- Reduced the power of several healing items.
- Adjusted stats on a few enemies.
- Adjusted a certain Keycard door to appear to be broken.
- Adjusted the location of a certain skeleton.
- Added glowing floor prompts to two story interactable objects.
- Fixed a parralax bug in a penthouse room in the city
- Fixed a floating tile bug in a save room in the forest
- Added a "Dropped Item" to a ledge in Lake Serene
- Adjusted a "Map Download" to add 1 additional room to Lake Desolation
- Fixed a visual bug in the Orb Shop where the "Better Arrow" would overlap the Orb level
- Adjusted the Orb Shop's Reinforce display stats to always show improvement, even if numbers did not visibly change.
Timespinner 1.021 was released on 2 October 2018 for Steam and contained the following changes:
- Fixed a crash caused the Mushroom Towers being hit by friendly fire.
- Fixed an issue where switching out a specific Orb mid-attack left behind a damage area briefly.
- Added a Yellow Dot to the Map in a specific room.
- Added color fade oscillation for Map Markers in the Map Screen (helps with Markers covering map)
- Optimized Conveyor Belt objects to be more efficient (improves frame-rate on some processors)
- Lowered experience gained from a specific enemy.
Timespinner 1.02 was released on 9 October 2018 for Steam and contained the following changes: - Feature parity with Steam and PS4 - Improves FPS in several rooms - Mildly reduces hitches (improvement of around 25%. Much bigger improvements are on the way!)
Timespinner 1.01 was scheduled and released on 25 September 2018. It was the 'launch version' of the game.
Timespinner 1.0 was released 2 weeks before release to Kickstarter Backers.