Timespinner was scheduled and released on 25 September 2018 for PC,PS4 and Vita after five years of closed development.
Timespinner 1.03 released on 5 February 2019 with the following changes:
- Added 7 new language locales to the game! (French, Spanish, German, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese).
- Added a new Language Settings screen to the Title Screen (auto shown if never seen before).
- Added horizontal text scrolling to several menus.
- Fixed a bug where healing from items used before using a Warp Shard would not be applied.
- Adjusted UI spacing of wide buttons glyphs in text.
- Updated the credits to include the Localization team.
- Added a new "Dropped Item" for a quest item, in addition to the original method to get it.
- The game now will assume you want to see Keyboard Control Glyphs (instead of Gamepad) if you have no controllers attached the first time you play.
- Fixed a bug where certain SFX would continue playing indefinitely after the Demon Boss.
Timespinner 1.026 released on Steam on 13 November 2018 with the following comments and changes:
Today's update brings a small bug fix and two new Passwords for two new Speedrun Modes!
- Fixed a bug where "Quick Exiting" out of the Use Item menu did not apply the health/aura restoration after using a healing item under the following conditions: a) did not cap your health, b) you had more items remaining, and c) you remained in the Yes/No prompt.
- Added 2 new Passwords to the game to allow improved Speed Running experiences.
The two Speedrun modes are:
- Speedrun Alpha (PW: SPEEDRUNALPH) Skip the tutorial, all chests are rare chests, and all enemies that have a 2nd equipable drop will always drop that item.
- Speedrun Beta (PW: SPEEDRUNBETA) Skip the tutorial, capped levels (Lunais, Familiars, and Orbs), cleared Use Item Inventory, full stock of (Warp Shards, Hi-Ethers, and 1 Lachiemi Star), and "Lost Items" have been removed. Keep in mind that this mode will not unlock new items and instead will use the save file's obtained items and equipped loadouts instead.
In order to activate a Speed Run, do the following:
- Load the save file that you wish to convert to a Speed Run file.
- Open the Password menu and enter the desired Password
- Save the game
- Return to the Save Select screen in the Main Menu
- Start a New Game+ with that save file (a special 'A' or 'B' indicator will be on the save file)
Please note that activating any Speedrun mode will disable all future Feats/Achievements for that Save File!!
Timespinner 1.025 released on Steam on 8 November 2018 with the following changes:
- Added a menu for customizing Menu Controls. (As opposed to Player Controls).
- Added the option to change the default display for gameplay buttons (controller vs keyboard keys).
- Adjusted default controller settings slightly.
- All menu and UI button prompts now show the correct button to press, matching your controller settings.
- Fixed a bug where PS4 L2/R2 buttons were being displayed improperly when drawn alongside text.
- Fixed a bug where the Spotlight SFX sound could continue to play after defeating the Demon Boss.
Timespinner 1.024 released on 1 November 2018 with the following changes:
- Fixed a rare bug where a save file could be lost.
- Added Keyboard Key Glyphs to the Input Settings screen when entering Keyboard Keys.
- Changed the Map Menu, Warp Menu, and Bestiary menu to show Button Glyphs for how the menu can be controlled with your control scheme, including Keyboard keys.
Timespinner 1.023 was released on 24 October 2018 with the following comments and changes:
Here's some minor changes to address the difficulty in leveling familiars, the awkwardness of the START button not exiting to gameplay, and a way to customize how button glyphs are displayed. More patches to come soon :)
- Fixed an issue where you could lock the Demon Boss out of its first usage of its critical attack.
- Fixed a bug where opening a Max HP/Aura/Sand chest could reset your HP/Aura/Sand to a previous state.
- Changed the START button to now completely exit from menus.
- Added the option to change the console display style of button glyphs.
- Added a new item to the Merchant Crow shop under certain circumstances.
- Added new items that increase Familiar experience and experience gain.
- Lowered Familiar level up exp requirements.
1.022 PS4 & Vita
Timespinner 1.022 was released for PS4 and Vita on 16 October 2018
- Fixed a bug where Junk Crushers would be invisible if unseen before frozen.
- Fixed a bug where Reinforcing an Orb would reset your HP/MP to the values you had the last time you Paused.
- Fixed a bug where level 1 clears weren't being saved properly.
- Buffed a few named healing items.
- Added a cutscene to remind players to use the Timespinner.
- Refactored code to improve performance.
- Adjusted text in a collectible letter.
Timespinner Vita Patch 1.03A (Americas) and 1.02E (Europe) was released 15 October 2018. It featured:
- Greatly increases performance and reduces hitches from garbage collection.
- Adjusted the text in a historical letter.
Timespinner 1.021 was released on 2 October 2018 for Steam and contained the following changes:
- Fixed a crash caused the Mushroom Towers being hit by friendly fire.
- Fixed an issue where switching out a specific Orb mid-attack left behind a damage area briefly.
- Added a Yellow Dot to the Map in a specific room.
- Added color fade oscillation for Map Markers in the Map Screen (helps with Markers covering map)
- Optimized Conveyor Belt objects to be more efficient (improves frame-rate on some processors)
- Lowered experience gained from a specific enemy.
Timespinner 1.02 was released on October 2018 for Steam and contained the following changes:
- Fixed a crash caused by raising Orb Level too high. It is now capped at 999.
- Entering a NG+ game no longer clears the "Game Cleared" flag- allowing for infinite NG+ resets.
- Adjusted the Fire Passive to be capable of killing enemies (it would not reduce them past 1 HP before).
- Added an additional costume for Lunais.
- Reduced the power of several healing items.
- Adjusted stats on a few enemies.
- Adjusted a certain Keycard door to appear to be broken.
- Adjusted the location of a certain skeleton.
- Added glowing floor prompts to two story interactable objects.
- Fixed a parralax bug in a penthouse room in the city
- Fixed a floating tile bug in a save room in the forest
- Added a "Dropped Item" to a ledge in Lake Serene
- Adjusted a "Map Download" to add 1 additional room to Lake Desolation
- Fixed a visual bug in the Orb Shop where the "Better Arrow" would overlap the Orb level
- Adjusted the Orb Shop's Reinforce display stats to always show improvement, even if numbers did not visibly change.
Timespinner 1.02 was released on 9 October 2018 for Steam and contained the following changes: - Feature parity with Steam and PS4 - Improves FPS in several rooms - Mildly reduces hitches (improvement of around 25%. Much bigger improvements are on the way!)
Timespinner 1.01 was scheduled and released on 25 September 2018. It was the 'launch version' of the game.
Timespinner 1.0 was released to Kickstarter Backers 2 weeks before general release.